Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hello.

    This has been an eventful semester for me (to say the least). I had the majority of my close friends in foreign countries, fell in love, began anti-depressants, went to Ecuador, almost switched to a Religion major, only took three classes, had my computer stolen (and subsequently replaced) from the Post Office, went to the ER for an infection, subsequently found out that I am allergic to sulfur, skipped classes and work because school just didn't do it for me after coming back from Ecuador, got a summer job on a farm in MA at an organization that I am adamant about, almost adopted a beagle puppy, started to get to know my sister and brother-in-law, became the academic chair of my sorority, discovered Michael Franti, and started feeling a lot better about life and myself. However, my sentences have not become shorter. 

    I thought that I would start this meretricious blog (ick, modernity) for myself because secretly I hate the solipsistic nature of journals and because if anyone were to be interested in what is going on in my life (and that's not solipsistic, Hailey? :) ok, you got me), then they could just come here (or,  email me). So, I hope to write more soon - especially when I go to work up on Heifer's farm in mid-May.

    Oh, and if I haven't told you lately, thanks for being my friend, and I love you.

Word of the day: Meretricious (mehr ih trihsh uhs) adj. - gaudy; falsely attractive

5 comments:

  1. yay! this is fun! i like this! so good to see what's going on in Hailey world :) miss you miss you miss you and more more more! !!!! !! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! And I'll see you in two days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and there's still so much to discover! think of all the rooftops in Sewanee that have yet to be explored :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to be able to keep up with what you are doing since we don't see you! Maybe after you get back from the summer job? And learn new words too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm allergic to sulfer too. Did ya get the rash that looks like ground beef? For me it was worse than the illness. Have a great time in LA and remember to pick up a vodoo doll (it could come in handy one day)!

    ReplyDelete